My first Mother's Day.
I may not officially be a mom but I have been raising a baby in my belly for almost 39 weeks. Joe gave me the sweetest card and made plans for us to eat out for dinner. All of my favorite places were closed so we decided to go to Carraba's. What pregnant woman doesn't like bread and italian food?? ;-)
Everyone has told me to go for a walk to help move along the labor process. Well... Joe, Honey, and I walked around the neighborhood this afternoon and by the time we were almost home, I had started cramping. I felt like Reese had dropped even lower. I attempted to lay down to take a nap but ended up with such intense contractions that I couldn't. I timed them but nothing was really consistent. They eased up and we were able to continue on with dinner plans.
![]() |
| 38 weeks & 4 days |
![]() |
Joe and I both were up extremely late. I guess in anticipation of Reese's arrival at any moment...
|
My first official day off work on "maternity leave". I was initially going to work through May 17th. I just had feeling that Reese may make an early appearance and my body was changing and getting ready. I figured even if she didn't arrive early it would be nice to have a few extra days to rest up. It was really nice to sleep late and get some things done around the house. Rhonda came over and brought my curtains when she got off work. I bought the fabric and she ended up doing this as a gift to me and baby Reese. This was very special to me and they look absolutely amazing! I just needed to purchase a dowel for each one and Joe could put them up. She stayed and we had a great visit for about 2 1/2 hours.
My sister was going on a trip to Turks and Caico's with her husband and his family from May 16-20. This has been a constant worry during my ENTIRE pregnancy. My sister and I are extremely close and it means the world to her to be here when Reese arrives. I was torn because I really wanted her here but realize that she had a commitment to go on this trip with her husband and needed to go. She had debated whether to go or cancel due to the chances that Reese could be born while she is out of the country. We had really hoped to know more when I had my first "exam" in early May but did not. She was initially flying out of Fort Walton and ended up changing her flight to Birmingham. This would at least let her come and see me (while still pregnant) and also she would fly back into Birmingham and this would be perfect IF Reese held off and I was induced on May 21, Monday (as the Dr. initially mentioned he may do if she doesn't come before).
This was the FIRST night that Reese's movement actually woke me up!
Tuesday, May 15th
I ended up having contractions on and off throughout the night and into the early morning. I even timed them from 7-8am and they finally eased up enough for me to doze off again. I had several errands I wanted to get completed today. I just hoped that I wouldn't end up like the movie scenario with by water breaking in a store! Ha
I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a wooden circle for Holly to use for baby mobile, had lunch with Joe at Crazy Cajuns (fabulous gouda cheese grits), went to Home Depot to get dowel for curtains, and finally made it to the dental office to visit and give Holly what I bought and visit. Thank goodness I made it through all of my stops without losing my "water".
My friends, Leah and Katie came over to check out Reese's nursery and visited for a little while.
My sister got into town around 6:30pm. It was great to see her and spend some time together. Joe got all of the curtains hung and a few other last minute things done in the nursery. He also decided to fix the railing going down the stairs (at 11:45pm might I add). I guess he was doing a little "nesting" of his own. My sister didn't know what to think because we were still awake at 12:30am. I think I did mention in an earlier post that we have both been having problems going to sleep.
A few pictures of the nursery:
| Pam Fendley made this for Reese. I put it on the door to her nursery |
| Rhonda Bryant made the curtains and they went great with my color "theme" |
![]() |
| Walls were bare & we hung this over changing table |
I am waiting on the baby mobile to be completed and will post pictures of the entire nursery once it has been put up. Then we can put Reese's name above the crib as well. I think it is coming together really well and I am very excited!
I guess Joe and I went to sleep a little after 1am. Unaware of what was going to happen VERY SOON!




1 comment:
Ihh I have been waiting for an update!
Post a Comment