Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

28 weeks...

It's very obvious that I'm in the 3rd Trimester of the pregnancy now. Everything has been smooth sailing thus far but I have started complaining a little this week...

I ordered some support hose (to help with swelling and spider veins) that came in last Thursday.  I am wearing them everyday now. It's takes a few minutes to get them because they are so tight and the issue of getting around the growing belly. I have seen some mild fluid retention in my shin areas which goes away after getting home and propping my feet up.

Tomorrow will be my last official night of coaching at Ignite CrossFit in Hoover. I may fill in if Shane needs me to here and there. I will definitely miss seeing all of the people there on a weekly basis. I do understand that it's now time for me to rest and not jeopardize Reese trying to make an early appearance. It will be nice to be able to come home and prop my feet up after I get my workout in (a few days a week).

Work has been a little difficult this week. Bending over and cleaning teeth all day is starting to hurt my back. I have 12 weeks before Reese's due date and was anticipating working up until she is here. I am keeping a positive attitude about this and hope it gets better. I purchased a maternity belt Monday afternoon and have worn it yesterday and today. I'm unsure if it has helped or not.

I need to wake up 15 minutes early just to have extra time to put on my support hose and maternity belt!! HA 
I have to laugh because when I sit down and my legs are exposed, I look like a mannequin because of the nude hose! It will all be worth it if they will help keep the spider veins and swelling away.

I am getting a massage at 6pm tonight and have high hopes that it will help me as well.

I am not having any major food cravings at this point. I do REALLY enjoy some ice cream on occasion but have been eating some fruit and/or yogurt on a daily basis. I don't want my weight to get out of hand during these last weeks before Reese's arrival.

I should receive my fabric swatches in the mail any day and can actually get the nursery completed soon.

1 comment:

Linnéa i Colorado said...

ooooh I miss you!!
I wanna see you put that on! Sounds like a workout.