Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 1, 2013

Mommy spends some time in the hospital

Wednesday October 23rd
I made a trip to the OB office just to check my dilation because I had been having some contractions and jabbing low back pains. My doctor was off and I saw a different one that said I was 4-5cm dilated and fairly thinned out. He wanted me to stay and just "monitor" my contractions for a bit and I could possibly go home. There was a little confusion in my due date so when he realized I was 35 weeks pregnant instead of 36 he wanted to admit me and attempt to stop contractions so we could keep baby boy in my belly a bit longer.

While in the hospital we had an ultrasound that put baby boy's estimated weight at 5 lbs & 14 oz. That was a huge relief even though I know it can fluctuate about 30% one way or the other.

Well...
After days in the hospital, having up and down episodes of contractions, daily doses of Brethine, and one night of nurses fully prepared to have a baby with equipment ALL set up, I got to go home on Monday October 28th. My doctor was out of town until that point and when he visited me Monday and saw that there hasn't been much "cervix" and dilation change that I could just go home and "bake" and wait. He said that I could be back tonight in full blown labor or it could be another week. Regardless, he wanted to see me back in his office on Wednesday.

My mom had been in town since Friday to help out with Reese while we moved. She got sick from the flu shot so thankfully I had Brandy and Natalie to step in for Friday and Saturday help. Reese had a BLAST with them and ended up spending the night at Brandy's house Saturday night at the last minute.

Thursday night visit with Reese
Mom, Joe, and Reese picked up a pizza on the way to visit Thursday night.
10-24-13

VIDEO
Mom brought a package I received because she thought it was Reese's pig Halloween costume.  We tried on her costume head and I loved it (I think she did too)!  I was glad it got here it in plenty of time for the neighborhood party on Sunday.

Reese spends Friday with Natalie
10-25-13
This was Reese's first time to be in her car seat forward facing and LOVED it according to Natalie. They went to Kohl's shopping and visited Natalie's storage unit to grab some pictures. Natalie bought her this Nike hat with mittens and a stuffed animal.  She and Carson gave her a baby stroller that was Carson's when she was younger for her baby dolls. It was pretty tall and hilarious when they brought her to visit me because she pushed it all the way to my room.  She was SO happy and in great spirits which made me happy. They visited Starbucks before going back to my house and sounds like Reese was a huge fan of their pumpkin bread. 


Saturday/Sunday with Brandy
10-26-13
Brandy and Reese's first stop was Klinger's for a late breakfast. They had waffles and brought a cupcake for her to enjoy once they got to the hospital to visit me. Reese absolutely loved it. Brandy fed her each bite so she wouldn't get it all over her outfit. And again she was in a great mood and it made me happy even though I was really missing my time with her! Reese loved her dog Emma and gave her tons of kisses and hugs. Brandy and Chris brought Reese to The Bright Star for dinner and made a trip to Target to grab her some pj's so she could stay the night with them. They already had her pack n play at their house from her nap. This worked out perfectly because Joe's parents got in town to help him move more things out of our town home and get it cleaned up. Reese loved trying all of the new sweets  on her outings with the girls. I think it amazed Brandy at her sign language skills- especially signing "more" for more food. She has been eating whatever you give her lately and LOVING sweets. 





VIDEO
Entertaining Chris & Brandy with some dancing!!





Wednesday, October 30th
I went to OB office to see Dr. McKee and he adjusted my due date BACK to what I originally calculated by my missed period. So it is November 20th instead of November 27th which would put me at 37 weeks pregnant now instead of 36. This is great news! It was changed because of the measurement of baby when they did the first ultrasound. My belly has been measuring larger all along so this totally makes since to me. He very gently did my exam and I am dilated at 5-6 cm and about 90% effaced. He seemed a little concerned at how far I lived from the hospital and when I said "down Hwy 280" he specifically asked "how FAR down Hwy 280?" He didn't seem to think that I would make it until next Wednesday but said if I do to plan on being admitted after my exam first thing that morning. So it looks like we will have a baby for sure by next Wednesday (November 6th).

I'm STILL PREGNANT!
11-1-13
37 weeks & 2 days 


No comments: